The Noopsi Search
While you can just type into the Noopsi search box, there are also some neat tips and tricks to make your search more specific. Noopsi uses an @syntax and modifiers to refine your search.
Use quotes to search for a specific string.
"pizza without anchovies"
use the plus sign to search for stuff that absolutely contains a certain word.
Use the minus sign to search for stuff that absolutely does not contain a certain word.
Modifiers can be combined.
@item to search just your items.
@tag to redirect to your tag page for the given tag(s).
@entry to search just your entries.
@list to search just your lists.
@contact to search just your contacts.
@username to search a specific Noopsi user.
@ to search all Noopsi users.
@add to add to your Noopsi account using the search bar.
@add I feel like some pizza for tonight
Custom searches allow you to search other sites from any Noopsi search bar.
How-To Create a Custom Search:
- Visit the website you want add.
- search for the term: noopsisearch
- Copy the search url from the website into the "Search Url" box to the left
- Type a simple keyword (no spaces) in the "Keyword" box that will activate your new search.
- Once saved, just type "keyword searchterm" into the search bar while logged in and see your new custom search in action.
Custom Searches Everyone Has:
- a to search amazon.com
- d to search dictionary.com
- e to search search.ebay.com
- g to search google.com
- gm to search maps.google.com
- tv to search tv.com
- wk to search en.wikipedia.org
- y to search search.yahoo.com
- yt to search youtube.com
You can set up custom searches by visiting your custom search settings.